We are searching data for your request:
Upon completion, a link will appear to access the found materials.
Easy to make, this onion tart recipe with Serrano ham is delicious and fragrant.
Ingredients for 4 persons :
- 1 puff pastry
- 750 g ofonions
- 2 tbsp. coffee sugar
- 2 strands of thyme
- 60 g butter
- 3 eggs
- 20 cl of liquid cream (30% fat)
- 200 g of sheep tome
- 4 slices of Serrano ham
- Salt, freshly ground pepper
Onion and Serrano ham pie
- Place the puff pastry in a buttered tart mold. Prick with a fork and place in the refrigerator for 30 minutes.
- Crust and cut the tome into thin slices.
- Peel, wash and mince the onions. Sweat them in butter.
Sprinkle with sugar and caramelize lightly. Add the strands of
thyme leaves. Mix and set aside. Let cool.
Preheat the oven to 200 ° C (th.7).
- In a bowl, break the eggs and with a whisk, beat them into an omelet.
Pour in the cream, mix and season. Stir in the cooled onions.
- Remove the dough from the refrigerator, pour in the contents of the bowl. Place the sheep's tome slices on the surface. Bake and bake for about 30 minutes until the pie turns brown. Remove from oven and cut into equal parts.
- Serve with cured ham and slices of sheep's milk.
- You can incorporate pre-cooked Rattes potato slices into your tart.
- This pie can also be served with an arugula salad. A chutney with dried apricots, sundried tomatoes and chili
D'Espelette will also be the ideal companion for this tart, its tangy flavor and shimmering color will awaken the whole.
Tasted raw as an aperitif or as an accompaniment to a salad, Serrano ham reveals all its seductive character. Serrano ham is the result of the perfect combination of breed, climate and tradition. Its exquisite blend of aromas and flavors gives it the necessary values of a product with its own qualities.
In this composite recipe, the pie behaves like an accompaniment to Serrano. It brings a softness, a fondant and an overall sweetness, given by the onion fondue, which contrasts and prolongs the dryness and the saltiness of the ham. Here everyone can play according to their tastes, taking more or less ham or pie, which would not be possible if the Serrano was incorporated into the device. With wines with a minimum of acidity, we will add an additional dimension that will support the whole.
A red from the Coteaux du Giennois, made from a blend of Gamay and Pinot Noir, will fully play this role with its fruitiness and freshness, as well as a Rioja Joven (young) which, although a little more ripe in the aromatic level, will have enough tone for an alliance that will be more Iberian, moreover. In white, a Saint Véran, a wine from southern Burgundy, will promote the milky, buttery characters of the tart while having enough liveliness to avoid any heaviness in the harmony thus created.
Words from the kitchen
Clarified butter: melted butter then decanted, from which the whey and casein are removed. This butter has the advantage of being able to be heated at high temperature without burning.
Recipe: T. Bryone, Photo: C. Herlédan