The farfalle, basil and candied tomato salad is a blend of freshness and flavor to accompany your summer dishes.
You can of course use farfallesas pasta but also tagliatelle or any other pasta that you like.
Here is the complete recipe!
Ingredients for 4 persons :
- 500 g of tomatoes cluster
- 3 podsgarlic
- 12 sheets of basil
- 5 tbsp of olive oil
- Fleur de sel and freshly ground pepper
- Pepper can be replaced with a 5 berry mixture
- 250 g farfalle
Farfalle, basil and candied tomato salad recipe:
The preparation is very simplee but requires a little time considering the cooking which lasts several hours. You can nevertheless cook the tomatoes the day before and keep them cool.
- Finely chop the basil
- Peel and crush the garlic cloves
- Combine the basil, garlic and olive oil and season with berries
- Wash the tomatoes and cut them in 2 or 4 depending on their size
- Remove the seeds from the tomatoes
Cooking tomatoes to make them candy :
We know if the tomatoes are candied when they no longer release water at all. They have a dry and slightly withered appearance.
- On baking paper, arrange the tomatoes without them touching
- On each quarter, place a little of the preparation based on olive oil, garlic and basil
- Keep some of the olive oil for placement
- Season with salt and pepper with freshly ground pepper or 5 berries
- Leave to cook for 4 hours at 90 °.
- Take out of the oven and let cool
Setting up the farfalle salad:
The set-up is quick and easy. You can mix the ingredients before serving or serve the pasta and its side separately.
- Cook the farfalle al dente
- Cool under cold water after cooking
- In a salad bowl, put together the farfalle, the olive oil mixture and the candied tomatoes
- Add a few basil leaves for decoration
It is best enjoyed cold, but can also be served warm or hot if the summer heat is not there!
For this it is enough just not to cool the pasta after cooking.
Finally, as in the photo, you can also add artichoke hearts.
Enjoy your meal !